Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Lake Serene

Here we go, hike number two! This one was around 8.5 miles round trip and had a 2500 ft elevation gain. I really enjoyed this hike because about three miles in you arrive at Bridal Veil Falls, pictured to the right. Then you continue the rest of the way until you reach Lake Serene. To be honest, the hike from the falls to the lake was absolutely grueling. There were dozens of sets of stairs to climb, and my legs did not appreciate the quick elevation gain. However, the view was worth it, as always. I think the best part about hiking is when you can just sit down at your destination and eat your lunch - one of the most rewarding feelings. That sounds totally lame, but if you are a hiker, you understand what I mean.

I'm very excited to finally have plans for the Fourth of July! Me and a group of friends are trekking over to Eastern Washington for the weekend. I'm stoked, this should be quite the adventure! Especially considering I haven't vacationed in Eastern Washington for many, many years.

In the meantime, go ahead and check out my secondary blog, All Roads Lead To Disney! I will be moving to Florida next month (whoa!), and will be posting updates every once and awhile on this blog, as it relates to the Disney College Program. And here are some more shots from the Lake Serene hike:

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment