Thursday, July 11, 2013

#19 - Go Boating, Jet Skiing, and Inner Tubing

Shannon and I on the paddle boat
Here we go, another one crossed off the summer bucket list! This past weekend I went to Eastern Washington with a great group of friends. One of those friends has a house there that his family stays in each summer, and it is amazing! One day, we all headed out on the boat with his family to a small, secluded beach. We spent the majority of our time climbing up this huge sand and clay hill. It was at least at a 45 degree angle, about 150 yards high, and the sand was burning hot on our bare feet - quite the workout if I do say so myself! After that, jumping into the cool water felt like paradise. On our way back to the house, we brought out the inner tube and took turns being dragged behind the boat. It had been about three years since I had been on a boat or inner tubing, so I was already having a complete blast! And just like that, two of the three requirements for this bucket list item were completed.

The next day, we headed out to the same beach, but this time, we took the jet ski with us! If I had to guess, I'd say the last time I was on one of these things was about seven or eight years ago. After having a boys versus girls sandcastle building contest - yes, that is the type of thing we like to do for fun, and yes, the girls won (see both castles pictured below) - I took the jet ski out for a spin! This was the first time I had ever rode one by myself, and it was the most exhilarating feeling! At one point, I was going nearly 70 mph - pure euphoria.

Boys Castle

Girls Castle

A trip out on the paddle boat, star gazing, a dozen games of Super Smash Bros., and some quality time with friends was all it took to top off the weekend. I am so grateful to have been part of this impromptu adventure, it has definitely been the highlight of my summer!

Erik giving me a run through of how to drive the jet ski

And a few words, since it is Thoughtful Thursday: Do not be afraid to take advantage of opportunities that present themselves to you. Much of the time, it may not happen when or how you expect it, but they will happen. If you won't take my advice, at least hear what Mark Twain has to say about it:


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it’s been a while now, but hey, that’s so exciting! It’s always exciting to play with the waves. It makes you feel free and unrestricted and it's very thrilling as well. I see that you really rocked driving that jetski. Haha!

    Paul Cherry

    ReplyDelete