Saturday, January 19, 2013

Panasonic

Today I am going to discuss the dangers of online shopping. And by danger, I don't mean that the seller gets your address and is going to hunt you down and light your house on fire (though you should still be cautious of this...). I mean that it is oh-so dangerous for your bank account! Especially with my level of laziness, it is so simple to just surf the web, see the cutest pair of shoes, and BAM. There they are in a nice package on my doorstep. I can barely even feel the money being drained out of my bank account - just another one of the side effects of debit/credit card use. At least when you use cash, you are more aware of the actual amount of money that you are spending.

Panasonic DJS400 Headphones
Why is this the topic of the day, you may ask? Well, since I recently got a job at the start of the semester, I seem to be more willing to spend what little money I have - and I haven't even gotten my first paycheck yet! Exhibit A, the featured picture on this post. Now, these headphones are something I actually do need seeing as mine are good as crap. But the book, game, and iPod touch case from eBay, with which I am currently the highest bidder on all three, aren't as necessary... Let's be honest, I don't even own an iPod touch!!

So this is something I will work on. But who knows, maybe I will look into getting an iPod to go with my brand new headphones (which should get here Tuesday!). What can I say, I earned this money fair and square!


Update (3/2/2013) - So I did end up getting the iPod case (a lovely gift from my roommate!), but it needed a friend. iPod Touch, welcome to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment