Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Social Networking


Have you all seen The Social Network? I know, I'm way behind when it comes to movies... I mean, come on, it came out in 2010! Anyway, beside the fact that it starred the ever-so-attractive Andrew Garfield, I was thoroughly entertained! Man, if I was a super genius, knew how to program, and went to Harvard, creating the most popular social network in the world is exactly what I would do in my spare time!

Do you all remember when you first got a Facebook? For me, it was in 2007. I remember a friend of mine said I should create one. We had both just graduated from elementary school (whoa...) and wanted to keep in touch somehow. My response? "Psh, don't you have Myspace?!"

But my friend was a hipster, so I got a Facebook, too. I still remember the old layout, how your wall, profile pic, and feed all showed up on the same page. There was no cover photos or Robot Unicorn Attack (my game of choice!). Indeed, Facebook has evolved tremendously over the past decade, which leads me to wonder, what will be the next big thing?

Fun fact: Justin Timberlake is a co-owner of Myspace. Whaaat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment