Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday | Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

With finals week fast approaching for those of us college students on the semester schedule, it is easy to stress about every single issue that life throws in our direction. Just last night I nearly had a meltdown because I broke my healthy eating routine and had Wendy's. I beat myself up all day, and then solved the issue by eating a doughnut. I see a vicious cycle forming here... But the point of the matter is, who cares if I have a doughnut every now and again? And, of course, there is a deeper metaphor at work here.

Will your life fall apart if you get a B+ in that class instead of an A-? I promise you, this will not ruin your life. And furthermore, don't let the stresses that school causes on its students effect your everyday life outside of the classroom. Try your best, and that's all you can do.

I've been freaking out because I might get a B- in one of my classes and a B in another. I kept telling myself that these grades were going to bring down my GPA significantly. However, once I took a step back and took into account the other three A's that I would be receiving this semester, I realized that even with these low grades, my GPA would still go up slightly. So if you're freaking out about something that is going to have an extremely minimal effect on your life as a whole, just take a step back and don't sweat the small stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment