Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hello, Kentucky

It's final - I am now settled down in Kentucky, have landed a job at the university, and will be starting my internship next week! Things seem to be slowly falling into place, except for the lack of an apartment, but hopefully that should be taken care of in a few days.

Its odd to be in a completely different place. I have to memorize the road names, how to get to school, and the local lingo. I mean, I didn't even know what brisket or Ale-8 was until I moved down here. And there's a difference between dinner and supper? Who knew.

The real challenge will be balancing my internship, job, and classes - all of which start next week. Good thing my internship only requires 10-12 hours a week. So 10 hours for that, 35 hours for a job, and about 5 hours a week for my online classes... 50 hours a week isn't too bad, right? It seems like a lot, but it still leaves about 8 hours a day for leisure time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. North Dakotians have breakfast supper and dinner....we thought it was weird at first too....mmmmmm when I was 19....wow

    ReplyDelete