Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer and a Sweatshirt

I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend! The pool finally opened up at my apartments, so I spent all my free time laying out and enjoying the 85 degree weather that we've been having in Lexington lately. All in all, everything is going pretty well. Despite a job, internship, and school, I haven't been very stressed. Though I've been spending most of my free time outside, I'm going to try to dedicate some time each week to post on here.

Poolside on Memorial Day weekend!
So I just need a moment to rave about this job I have. Five days a week from 1-4pm and 6-10pm, I call alumni of the University of Kentucky asking for donations for student scholarships. Yes, it's telemarketing - but for a good cause! Anyway, I was the first new caller to reach $5,000, so I got a free sweatshirt. I was ecstatic! I knew I was doing well, and it was nice to be rewarded for that hard work. Then, over the course of the next two days, I received over $6,000 in donations, bringing my total to over $12,000. I am just so grateful for the success I have had, and that I actually enjoy going to work every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment