Monday, May 5, 2014

21-Day Challenge | Keep Going!

If you are unaware of what the 21-day challenge is, click HERE to read all about it! All caught up? Good. Now, although the 21 days are over (and have been for quite some time now), I have learned a valuable lesson. I did not learn to run twice a day and cut sugar completely out of my diet, though that would be ideal. Heck, I'm sitting here snacking on chocolate as we speak. But I learned how to develop a healthy love for exercising - a love that I have been missing since I was a year-round athlete in high school.

Post-workout cruise through town.
Now that things have settled down a little bit and the semester is over, I have finally found time to get out and enjoy the wonderful weather. It's 80 degrees and sunny almost every day here and I love it! I've found a nice park with a paved loop going around the perimeter that is great for running! I've started drinking tons of water and am trying to cut those unhealthy lattes and specialty Starbucks drinks out of my diet (which is so difficult... Have you tried their new Oprah Chai Tea Latte?! Get it with a pump of vanilla and caramel and you will be in heaven. It tastes like Christmas!).

But doing this has helped me to have more energy throughout the day and more motivation to get things done! So even though the challenge is over, I encourage you to keep going! There are so many benefits that will come out of developing a healthy lifestyle, and it all starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment