Friday, October 10, 2014

Hawaii Part II

It's been almost two months since I was in Hawaii, and boy do I miss the fresh mangoes. Each day, we would pull one off of the tree in the back yard, cut it up, and eat it as a snack. It was incredibly delicious, and probably the freshest fruit I've ever had!


After a fun day full of para sailing, I was absolutely exhausted. I spent the next couple days relaxing on the deck, laying on the beach, or nursing my scorched skin with the fresh aloe leaves from the backyard. Warning: Snorkeling causes your lower back to burn. A lot. Try wearing a rash guard or a ton of sunscreen. At one point when I was laying out on the beach one morning, a man and his two dogs came running down the beach and into the crashing waves. The smaller dog decided he didn't like the waves and came to sit next to me the entire time. It was pretty adorable.


Later in the week, I went out with my dad to go snorkeling in the reefs. Baby beach, where my sister had taken me earlier, was about 4 feet deep, murky, and nearly fishless. The beach my dad took me to couldn't have been more different. The water must have been fifty feet deep in some areas, and it was crystal clear all the way to the ocean floor. The fish were so beautiful and colorful - red, yellow, blue, silver, and everything in between. I even saw a rainbow fish and an eel! At this point, my GoPro wasn't charged so I don't have any pictures of this particular snorkeling trip, which I totally regret!

Though the ocean water is lovely and warm, I sure miss a dose of chlorine in my life every now and again. One day when everyone else was at work, my dad and I took off to the row of hotels that line the beachfront. For two or three hours, we swam in about five or six different pools at these resorts, judging which one we liked the best. There were water slides, bridges, lazy rivers, volleyball, and more. In case you were wondering, if I remember correctly, my favorite pool was the Sheraton Resort & Spa.

My sister and I also made some time to walk down Front Street, which is located right off of the shore and is lined with shops and restaurants. I bought a couple souveniers, took a stroll through the art galleries, and even sat at the Forrest Gump bench! (Note the missing foot in the picture, haha!).


Only a couple days left, and so much on my to-do list to check off!

No comments:

Post a Comment