Sunday, October 14, 2012

Boiling Point

Everyone gets that feeling at one point or another - the feeling that life just sucks. And it sucks that I am currently at that point.

Now, don't think that this is a pity party. Oh, no. Because I know that you have been at this point at one time, and you can't deny that. So there is no room for judgement here. The only question now is what happens next?

Of course the natural thing to do would be to turn to my friends. But sadly my closest friend is hundreds of miles away - one of the few downsides to college.

Since that is out of the question, family comes next. But alas, they are also hundreds of miles away.

So what is it that can get those of us like me through the day? Because there are many of us.

I'd like to tell myself to suck it up, but sometimes it's just not that easy. So what do I do? I grab a nice book. I write until my heart is content. I study for hours on end. I make good use of my Hulu Plus account. I forget about how much my life sucks because somewhere in the world, someone's life sucks even more then mine. And until my life sucks the most, I have no room to complain. Until then, you just gotta fake it 'til you make it.

And sometimes you do make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment