Monday, October 22, 2012

Reality

One of my most favorite hobbies: Daydreaming.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I could go back in time, let's say ten years, but still have the same knowledge that I have today. That would put me in the third grade, with a college reading level, though the math levels may not be up to par... Wow! I would probably be a super genius, skip five grades, and start college at the age of 13, grad school by at least 17 or 18.

However, I try to make sure I don't think about this too much, because that's when reality starts to set in. And personally, I don't think reality gets along well with daydreaming. They tend to bicker. A lot.

So when I start to realize how horrible life would be as a 13-year-old college freshman, I move on to the next dream.

This time, i'm living in my New York City flat, getting ready to head off to my job at the top publishing agency. After a long days work, I come home and begin to continue writing my fourth bestselling novel. But New York is two thousand miles away. And I still have to finish college. And I haven't even written a book.

I really wish reality would stop arguing with my daydreams.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant!! I think I might be your biggest fan...lets find a publisher! <3

    ReplyDelete