Tuesday, October 16, 2012

To Be or Not To Be... Psychology!

 
I have known for the past four years that I want to major in psychology. I wasn't sure what I was going to do as a career, but graduate school after I get my bachelor's degree was a must.

Who was I kidding, I'm not meant to be in the field of psychology. I'm not a people person. I'd rather spend hours on end alone than go to a party. I am not the best at social communication. I'm taking 7 credit hours of psychology, along with my 8 credit hours of GE's. What am I doing here?

Maybe it's the 27 episodes of Grey's Anatomy I've watched in the past four days that's causing me to second guess myself (I know, sad, but it's just a phase). That's probably what's got me looking into majors like Biology, Biophysics, Chemistry, Physics, and Neuroscience. I never liked chemistry, and I didn't even take physics in high school!

Ok, I like psychology. I like learning about how other people function and think. But the entire field is based on perspective, at least that was the lesson in class today. I'm not sure if I want to go into a field where much of the material I am learning now will be out of date by the time I enter the work force. So maybe biology is my true destiny. Or neuroscience. Or biochemistry.

Or maybe I need to cut back on the Grey's Anatomy...

No comments:

Post a Comment