Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sleepless in Seattle

So, after finding out that I likely didn't have a ride back home for winter break, I have finally purchased my plane ticket to Seattle! And for a pretty good price, I must say. I cannot even put into words how excited I am to go home! All I need to do is survive the next few weeks, but on the bright side, I get to take a break in the middle of finals week to celebrate my birthday!

Now, to be honest, I am a little freaked out to fly home. I have been on a plane twice in my life, both before I was the age of 3, and I have not stepped foot in an airport since then. No, i'm not scared that the plane is going to crash or something like that, i'm actually excited for the flying part. It's everything that comes before and after the flying - the bag check, security, stuff like that. It just seems so frantic and stressful! It will definitely be a new experience.

It's crazy that I've only been away from home for almost three and a half months - it feels like it's been a year! Maybe I'm just weird, but I keep picturing what it looks like to drive along all the familiar streets back home. That's one of the first things I want to do when I get there - just drive around for hours. Well, maybe not that long...

I'm so ready to be sleepless in Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment