Sunday, November 18, 2012

Actually...

You may or may not remember my old post from October, "To be or not to be... Psychology!" Well, this is going to be a similar post as I, like many other college freshmen, explore the plethora of options to choose from - options that will determine the rest of our lives.

I have always been interested in psychology, but the real question is, what do I do with that major? I have explored pre-med and business, as well as minors in neurology  management, statistics, and editing. Yet none of these seem to click with me. So what am I considering as a double major this week?

Actuarial Science.

I guess it's time to learn how to play League of Legends.
Basically, an actuarial   scientist calculates the probability of risk, usually working with insurance companies and other businesses. I tend to be good at math, but I am no Einstein. I mean, I fell asleep during  my AP Calculus BC exam - now that's saying something. So what is it that draws me into this major? Simple.


  • No graduate school required, just a few examinations.
  • Nearly 0% unemployment rate
  • Entry level income starting at about $80,000 
  • Experienced actuaries can earn upwards of $200,000 annually 

Well I'm convinced. I figure it should work fairly well considering psychology relies a great deal on statistics anyway. Although, this is the fifth week in a row I have changed my mind concerning my future aspirations.

I suppose you'll just have to stay tuned to see what I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment