Thursday, November 15, 2012

Carnival

A glimpse of the dream that inspired this post.
Man, do I love that moment when you wake up from the most amazing dream, as if life could not possibly get better than this.

Then you realize none of it was real. That was the worst part of my morning today.

On the subject, Dr. Seuss once said, "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

If that day doesn't ever come, don't question me when I begin to sleep 15 hours a day. Just hope to whatever god you believe in that I am having a great dream.

Some people say they wish they could decide what they dream about every night. I suppose sometimes, that would be nice. But personally, I think I would like to leave the work up to my imagination, because there are many nights when my dreams surpass anything I could have ever consciously thought up. Those are the nights when every puzzle piece falls into place and time stands still.

It is in those moments that I am grateful that my unconscious mind is aware of the level of happiness I am capable of achieving,  because my pessimistic mind threatens to tell me otherwise.

Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and please feed the fish. They may not be real, but it sure is entertaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment