Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lake 22

If you ever find yourself in the Pacific Northwest, be sure to take advantage of the numberless hikes in the area. I can't believe that I've lived here for ninteen years and can probably count on both of my hands the number of hikes I've been on. There are hundreds of hikes in Washington and Oregon, and I was able to go on one of them yesterday!

I met up with my best friend, who recently got home from Oregon State University, and her younger sister, and headed off to Snoqualmie Pass in the Cascade mountains. Lake 22, according to the Washington Trails Association, is 5.4 miles roundtrip and has a 1350 ft elevation gain. It was the perfect difficulty for not being in the best shape physically. Once we got to the lake, we hiked around it, which added another mile onto the trip. We also hiked up one of the rocky slopes to get a better view of the lake. Although this was not the smartest or safest idea, it was definitely challenging, and the view was worth it!

As soon as I got home, I began looking up other hikes in the Cascades that are slighly more difficult than Lake 22. It's all about challenging yourself! Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to scale Mount Raineer - all 14,409 feet of it! But I'll have to work up to that seeing as I am still sore from the 5.4 mile trek to Lake 22... And for your viewing pleasure, here are a few more shots from the hike!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment