Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Playlist

It's finally June, and I'm so happy! And on that note, I have created my very own summer playlist! I absolutely love listening to music, but I usually tend to stick to the same artists and genres. So in an effort to branch out, I've only picked songs I had never heard before, or artists I had never heard of. If you follow any of the British YouTubers that I have mentioned in previous posts (e.g. Alfie Deyes, Sam Pepper, Joe Sugg or Marcus Butler), you may recognize some of these songs from their videos or blog entries. In addition to the YouTube video, I will link you to the songs on iTunes!

I've mentioned this one before, and thanks to Alfie Deyes, it's one of my favorites!
 
Another hit by this talented artist!
 
A friend showed me this one, and it's great! Though you may not understand the metaphors if you have never played Mario Kart...
 
I found this one courtesy of Sam Pepper! I've also used it in my own video Pike Place Market.
 
This is the perfect song to jam to in the car - pretty sure I heard this one from Joe Sugg and Alfie Deyes.
 
I discovered this one on Marcus Butler's blog, then soon found out that it was actually filmed at my University!
 
This one was just released on iTunes earlier this week, and I'm loving it!
 
Unfortunately this one is not on iTunes, but there is still a link to the artist's page!
 
This one doesn't really fit in with my playlist seeing as I have heard this song, and very much enjoy Kid Cudi. However, I didn't get hooked on it until recently, so here it is!
 
I've always loved what Kurt Schneider produced, and when you put him together with his brother Max, they are a force to be reckoned with!
 
I came across this one on Marcus Butler's blog.
 
This is a pretty old song, actually, but I've never learned what it was called or who it was by until recently!
 
I do love my share of rap, and this is a great one!
 
This is currently iTunes single of the week, so get it while it's still free!
 
These guys primarily do covers, and I have to admit that I much prefer this version to the original! They aren't on iTunes, but I have provided a link to their YouTube channel.
 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.
    marcus butler girlfriend

    ReplyDelete