Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday

Welcome, avid readers, to the first ever Thoughtful Thursday! I'm in a very uplifting mood, which can probably be attributed to the Disney Channel movie marathon I just finished watching. Nevertheless, I've decided that I'll take this weekly opportunity to share my thoughts, be it motivational, thought-provoking, or just downright outrageous. Enjoy!

I absolutely love this quote from Tina Fey. "Say Yes, and you'll figure it out afterwards." My first couple years of high school, I never went out of my comfort zone, only sticking with what was familiar. My attitude was completely negative and pessimistic, and I noticed that people didn't enjoy hanging out with someone with that type of outlook. After being confronted by some very close and honest friends, to whom I will be forever grateful, I realized that I was long overdue for a change.

"Yes" became a common word in my vocabulary. I was doing things that I would have never even considered a year prior. Student body officer, dance team, starting clubs (Harry Potter club was a real hit!), you name it! I became more personable and positive, and was excited for what the future would bring! People actually confronted me to comment on the dramatic change I had made.

Now, my friends see me as impulsive, but I like see myself as an adventure-seeker. I want to explore the world and what it has to offer, so I won't hesitate to say yes when an opportunity presents itself. Even if I have no idea how I'll do it, I know that I'll figure it out eventually.

So go ahead, say "yes"! You never know what kind of adventure it will entail, or where you will end up. Either way, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment