Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mobile, Agile, Hostile!

I would just like to start off by saying... I ran a 5k yesterday! My roommate and I signed up for it about a week and a half beforehand, trained (minimally...) during the week prior, and successfully ran the race without passing out! Now, you have to understand that I was a year-round athlete in high school and since coming to college, I usually try to play frisbee once a week, and that's about it. It's safe to say I'm a little out of shape. But I ran it in 32:30, which is good for my first 5k in a little over a year! At least I think it is...?

But lately I've found the motivation to just try to be healthier all-around, whether its eating, exercising, or getting a good night sleep. I feel better, am more energized, and am better able to focus on my studies (when I have the motivation to do so...). And signing up for these 5k runs has helped me achieve this goal, probably because I'm paying for it, so I want to get my money's worth!

Anyway, I signed up for the 5k during the Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend at Disney World! That's going to be in early October later this
year. I also plan to sign up for a few in between now and then (most likely one before the semester is over, and a couple after I head back to Seattle).

OH! And there is officially 24 days until the semester is over!! Now, go get healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment