Thursday, August 8, 2013

#11 - Messy Twister

Last week, we all gathered at a local elementary school. The paint was packed, the twister board was brought, and our clothes were far too clean for comfort. Once the classic Seattle rain died down, we set up the game and poured the paint.

"Right hand yellow."

Slap. Dezi was clearly excited to get messy, and paint splattered up into all of our faces. Let the games begin.

Mollie and I after game #1
If you don't know what messy twister is, let me explain. All you need is a twister board, a spinner, and a few bottles of paint that match the colors of the circles on the board. Pour the paint onto the corresponding circles, and have at it! You can even change up the commands to make the game interesting. Here are a few that we had to follow:
  • Left ear yellow
  • Forehead green
  • Left butt blue
  • Right forearm green

By the end of the game, we were plenty messy and decided to turn the board into a painted slip 'n slide. But to all my readers, learn from our mistake and make sure you have somewhere nearby to clean off! We couldn't get back in the car and had to walk all the way home, then hosed off in the front yard. The looks we got from passing cars were priceless. I think it's safe to say I've played enough messy twister to last me a lifetime!

View the rest of my bucket list here!

No comments:

Post a Comment