Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday | Comparison

Through most of my teenage years, I found myself constantly wishing.

I wish I was pretty like her. I wish I had a nice car like him. I wish I could drop a few pounds to look more like her. I wish I was rich like that celebrity. I wish my hair could look like that model's in the magazine. I wish, I wish, I wish...

I was never happy because I was too often wishing to be someone that I'm not. It wasn't until fairly recently that I realized just how grateful I should be, because I am me. If we spend our lives comparing ourselves to others, there will be no time to appreciate what we do have, and we will never be happy. So stop comparing! I know, it's hard - I still have trouble with it. Try this:

Right now, name five things in your life that you are grateful for. C'mon, just do it!

Good. Now list five qualities that you like about yourself. I know, this one can be hard at first, but it get's easier as you learn to love who you are!

Whenever you find yourself wishing, just think about five things. It will help, I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment