Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday | Money

And by "shoes", I mean
scuba diving lessons!
Welcome back to Thoughtful Thursday here on All Roads Lead To Nowhere! Let's talk about money, shall we? For our entire lives, this is the reason we slave away for eight hours a day. But it doesn't start here, it starts way back when we were kids. Time and time again, it was drilled into our heads that we need to get a good education, so that we can get a good job, so that we could make good money, so that we can live a good life. But as we all know, that money goes to pay off college debts, credit card bills, rent, gas, and much more. It isn't until we are old and retired that we have the time and money to do anything. But are you really going to live out your dreams - travel the world, skydive, swim with dolphins - when you're 80 years old? Stay with me, there is a point to all of this.

This post is absolutely contrary to the mantra that has been instilled in my mind since birth - save every penny, save every penny! But you know what I think? You can spend a bit here and there if it makes you happy! No, this doesn't mean go spend all your money on clothes, alcohol, and video games. Spend it on something that will broaden your horizons - see the world, try new things! I had to remember that when I went skydiving, or when I moved across the country to Walt Disney World. It was worth it because of the experience I was gaining! So go out there, spend a little cash (please, don't get yourself into debt) and do something you've never done before!

No comments:

Post a Comment