Friday, August 16, 2013

#20 - Go to Walt Disney World

They say it's the happiest place on earth, but I used to only imagine fanny packs, sweaty parents, and spoiled children. Of course I watched my share of Disney movies as a child, but I was never "raised on Disney", I guess you could say. Plus, I knew all my money would be going toward college, so I never raised my hopes about going to Disneyland or Walt Disney World.

Then the Disney College Program came along - an opportunity where I can advance my education, work, and enjoy the parks here in Orlando! After a few days of check-in and training, I finally had my orientation yesterday, which was technically my first day of work. You know what that means?! We got our park passes, so today we hit up Magic Kingdom!

I didn't get to the park until a bit after noon, but I was able to ride the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean. Roller coasters are definitely my thing, so Space Mountain is currently my favorite attraction. I was also able to experience the infamous jumbo turkey leg and pineapple dole whip. I wasn't able to finish the turkey leg, but I'm sure the caloric intake was still ridiculous.


But my views of the Disney parks have definitely changed. The experience there truly is magical, and I couldn't help but smile the entire time! It is definitely something that takes time in order to have the full experience, which is why tomorrow night after work, we're hitting up Hollywood Studios!

This is where I'll be working for the next four months!

To read more about my Disney College Program, visit my secondary blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment