Thursday, August 1, 2013

#12 - Get My License

I don't know how it works where you come from, but where I'm from, everyone takes drivers ed, gets their license at 16, and is driving themselves to school by their sophomore or junior year of high school. So it's pretty pathetic that I'm getting my license at 19, but that's how it works in my family. We don't have the money to put everyone through drivers ed, so you have to wait until you're at least 18 to get your license. And since I wouldn't have a car in college, I just didn't bother getting it last summer. But I was tired of asking people for rides, and being known as that one friend without her license, so I wanted to get it before I left for Florida.

I had my permit for four years before getting my license, so the driving test was not too difficult for me. Not to mention the fact that I totally aced parallel parking, and in a car that I had only driven twice before! But it is so handy to be able to drive myself places, as I have a lot to get done before I leave next week. Jeez, I can't believe it's August already. And to think, in a mere ten days, I'll be in Orlando getting ready to check into my hotel for the night. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment