Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday | Once A Year

I have recently learned that travelling often is not just an indicator of a good job and plenty of money. It is a necessary activity in each of our lives, for if we do not explore the world in which we live, we will remain ignorant forever. When I was younger, I had only explored the tiny northwest corner of the United States. I had no desire to go elsewhere because I had seen all the pictures, heard all the stories, and googled all the necessary information. Somehow, I was conditioned to be content with my ignorance of other cultures. And not only that, but you don't notice this ignorance until you break free of it altogether.

Once I went off to college, I noticed this ignorance as I simultaneously discovered a world of possibility. I cant help this thirst for knowledge - I want to learn the languages, immerse myself in the cultures, and see all the sights with my own eyes! To start of this life-long adventure, I am exploring my own country. Orlando, the top tourist destination on this earth. Each day, I will have the opportunity to visit with people from around the world, people who have experienced what I yearn to experience. And hopefully, by the end of these four months, I will know what part of this beautiful planet I want to explore next.

So once a year, go someplace you've never been before, not because you have the money to do so, but because you are curious and have a never-ending desire to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment