Saturday, August 3, 2013

#14 - Go Geocaching

This past Wednesday, Shannon and I decided to go geocaching, as it was on both of our summer bucket lists. Compared to skydiving, we assumed that this should be easy enough! To the contrary, it proved to be quite the feat considering neither of us had smart phones or a GPS. We were able to narrow down the area enough by looking at a map, but it still wasn't sufficient. We ended up on a nice paved hiking trail in town that contained two caches. Each time we went poking around in the bushes, the passerby's reactions were a bit concerned. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate any hidden treasures, but we did stumble upon a nice little lake and a family of ducklings that we couldn't help but share our lunch with!

At this point, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to cross this item off my bucket list seeing as we didn't find anything. This confusion quickly resolved last night when Shannon and I were at a friends house in Seattle. She remembered stumbling upon a nearby cache by accident, so we quickly sought it out and snapped a picture with it. Inside the bottle was a plastic lizard, as well as a small notebook and a pen. We mimicked those before us and recorded our names and the date in the notebook, and returned the bottle to it's hiding spot. Finally, I felt accomplished enough to cross this one off my list!

 
To view the rest of my summer bucket list, click here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment