Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2,200 Miles

Today I made what I thought was a pretty sad realization. In my entire life, the farthest I have been away from home is a total of 2,200 miles. And that was when I was two years old. I perceived this as depressing because I have barely been anywhere, I haven't gone on any adventures! Besides that trip to Alaska when I was two, the farthest I've ever been was North Dakota. Exciting. (No offense to anyone who does live there... It wasn't exactly my cup of tea).

But then I took that 2,200 miles (3,500 km, if you will) and took a good look at Europe. With 2,200 miles, I could travel from the edge of Spain to the edge of Russia. That's practically across the entire continent - potentially 11 countries!

So it's settled, at an undetermined point in my life, I am moving to Europe, where the adventures seem endless. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a flat outside of London and settle down for a bit? I don't know, I just need some adventure. Perhaps I'll hit up New York first - that is of course after I'm done living in Disney World for half a year.

Hmm, that actually doesn't sound like a horrible way to spend my life. I've never really liked the idea of staying in one place for too long. I'll just spend an unknown amount of time living in each of the places I've always wanted to visit around the world. I'm going to make a list, and I'll post it in a tab above called "Travel." Look for it soon to see where in the world I will live some day, at some point in time.

Until then, how are you going to spend your 2,200 miles?
Now is the time to cash them in.
Now it the time for an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment