Tuesday, April 23, 2013

7th Inning Stretch

One of the worst feelings to experience in college is when you know the end is in sight, but you still have another hurdle to jump. I have my last final tonight, and a 2-3 page essay to write by tomorrow. I know I can do this, I've accomplished more difficult tasks before. But the fact that I can practically reach out and touch Seattle - that's how close it seems - that's what is exponentially decreasing my motivation to finish out the day.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved this year - college has been one of the best experiences for me. But there comes a point, at least for me, where you just have to revert back to your origins, even just for a little while. As you grow older, the time that you can stand to elapse between these visits will grow longer, but the need to return home will always be present. After four months, I am due for a visit.

I just hope that the time I can stand to elapse will increase by the time August rolls around. I'll be moving to Florida for four and a half months, then I'll have to fly straight back to campus for winter semester in January. Finally, after 9 months, I'll be able to return home in April. But beside the months I'll be away from home, the thing that will impact me the most is that I am going to lose a great group of friends this summer, including one of my best friends. They will be leaving for two years to serve missions for the LDS church. I am going to miss them, but I'm sure it will be a life-changing experience.

Until then, I will just enjoy the summer months I have ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment