Thursday, April 25, 2013

Snickerdoodle

Finals are over. No more studying, no more cramming, no more worrying. I am not even exaggerating, I stacked all the flashcards I made this year and it was at least two feet tall.

But it still hasn't hit me yet. I feel like it's just a mid-semester break and I'll have to head back to class next week. Even the fact that I'm packing my life into boxes, once again, isn't helping me grasp this reality. And speaking of packing, I must say that the cost of mailing a package is outrageously high. It cost me $13 just to send my Nintendo 64 home, and that box was tiny compared to what I have in store for the post office tomorrow! I really need to cut down - all this packing has made it crazy clear how much unnecessary crap I have. I'll add that one to the to-do list.

I must admit, today was a good day. I made a few batches of snickerdoodles in a delicious effort to get rid of my excess baking supplies and invited all of facebook over to help themselves. But this really did make me realize how much I missed out this year - I was such a hermit and didn't nearly take enough time to get to know the people around me. It took too much effort, I told myself.

I talked to some pretty awesome people for hours today, but come Saturday, I probably won't see them ever again. Or at least for the next couple years, seeing as most of them are going on missions.

Is that seriously all it took? A half hour worth of baking and a facebook post and BAM. Three hours of social interaction, all in the comfort of my own dorm room. The semester may be over, but I am still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment